National Anthem and Movies

{[['']]}
Why is the national anthem played at movie theatres?

Now, for all of you who are waiting to pounce of me about me defaming the national anthem, not having respect for it, not being a patriot, etc, etc...JUST HOLD ON!!

I am asking actually 2 questions.

1. Why play the national anthem?
2. Why only at movie theatres?

Point 1
What is the purpose of playing the national anthem before "The last King of Scotland" or "Ramgarh Ke Sholay"? Is it supposed to lead to an action? A patriotic one preferably? Is it a feel good factor? Is it supposed to make me a better Indian? Is it a reminder maybe of all my duties towards Mother India? Am I supposed to sign up for the Army after the movie? Or better still, leave the movie after the Anthem and sign up immediately.

It does seem a bit silly, sitting there with my American made Pepsi, watching a Hollywood flick, wearing my Levi's and fake Nike floaters from China, and wrist watch from Taiwan, and the fake Gap t-shirt from Indonesia.

I never have seemed to question the playing of the Anthem on Independence/Republic Day, before attacking the enemy, etc.

But here it does not make sense at "cinemagic".

Point 2
This brings me to my second point - why just movie theatres. I have a strong feeling that whatever is the answer to point 1 should hold true if we started playing the Anthem at sports events, plays, art shows, in fact even at the start of work every morning (at nights for all the folks working the graveyard shift). Why not at the start of award shows, rock concerts, poojas, school annual events, everything.

Why ONLY at movie theatres??

Once again, i have no objection to the Anthem or the reasonless reason for it being played. I have no problem standing during the Anthem wondering why the 10 year-old scratched tape is being played before "SpiderMan 2"....i am simply curious as to why is it being played.
Share this post :
 
Nice Blog : Creating Website | Template | Mas boim Template
Copyright © 2013. MAS BOIM - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger